Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Rob Lowe is Now Breaking NFL News

Yes, that Rob Lowe. Today on Twitter he said this:

"Hearing my fave, #18 Peyton Manning will not return to . Wow"

Then he asked NFL Network analyst Rich Eisen: "My people are saying Manning will retire today. What do you hear?"

"Colts fans, let's hope my info is wrong. Don't like being wrong, but this time... I'm hoping."

So Rob Lowe now has "people." Maybe it's this guy, a costar on his tv show, Parks and Rec?


To be fair to the former White House speech writer, he was the first person Colts owner Jim Irsay followed on Twitter. So maybe they have some sort of relationship. No way, though.

And No Way says Manning's dad, Archie, to ESPN guy Chris Mortensen:

"Archie Manning laughed when he heard @RobLowe said Peyton will retire, “Noooo…he ain’t retiring. I think he would’ve told me.”"

How long until ESPN has "sources say Manning to retire" on their bottom ticker? 

Of course Rob Lowe doesn't have any NFL "people." But he does have a Lifetime movie coming out this Saturday that nobody but women over the age of 40 knew about, so I guess it worked. White House speech writer, personal PR man. Rob Lowe can do it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment